Keith M. Woodwell
Director and Shareholder, Management Committee Member, Co-Chair of White Collar Crime/Regulatory Practice Group
Mr. Woodwell focuses his practice on securities enforcement, regulatory defense, government and independent investigations, and white collar defense. He represents corporate and individual clients in regulatory enforcement investigations and litigation before the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ), the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), and other federal and state securities and commerce agencies.
Prior to joining Clyde Snow, Mr. Woodwell served as the Director of the Utah Division of Securities for 10 years. During his tenure at the Division, Mr. Woodwell oversaw and litigated hundreds of complex enforcement investigations.
Before his service with the Division, Mr. Woodwell spent several years in Washington D.C. and overseas in the National Clandestine Service of the Central Intelligence Agency. He has also served as Associate General Counsel to the Utah State Legislature.
Mr. Woodwell previously served as the Ombudsman and the Enforcement Section Chair for the North American Securities Administrators Association (NASAA). In addition, Mr. Woodwell also represents harmed investors in securities class actions, arbitrations and private actions.
- Juris Doctor, magna cum laude, J. Reuben Clark Law School, Brigham Young University (1995)
Stephen L. Richards Scholar
Education and Law Journal
- Bachelor of Arts, Philosophy; Minor: International Relations, magna cum laude, Brigham Young University (1991)
Ezra Taft Benson Scholar
National Merit Scholar
- Former Enforcement Section Chair, North American Securities Administrators Association (NASAA)
- Panelist, “Ethical Considerations for Protecting Confidential Information in the Age of Cybersecurity Breaches, Crypto-Currencies and ICOs,” Utah State Bar Annual Securities Law Workshop (Park City, UT – September 2018)
Awards and Honors
- Utah Business Magazine, Utah Legal Elite, Securities (2021-2022)