While no one plans for separation or divorce after walking down the aisle, a premarital/prenuptial agreement ensures that your assets are protected. Here at Clyde Snow, we are eager to assist you in drafting, editing, and finalizing the premarital/prenuptial agreement that works best for you and your spouse.
Why choose a premarital/prenuptial agreement?
Choosing a premarital or prenuptial agreement can provide many benefits and peace of mind for individuals entering into a marriage. If you have any sort of assets, including children with assets or inheritance plans, you may consider the following:
- Asset Protection: A prenuptial agreement allows you to protect your individual assets and property rights. In the matter of divorce, you may pre-plan the division of property and specify which assets will remain separate.
- Debt Allocation: If one or both parties have significant debts, a prenuptial agreement can establish how those debts will be allocated and managed during the marriage and in the event of a divorce. It helps prevent one spouse from assuming the other’s financial obligations.
- Protecting Family Interests: If you have children from a previous relationship or have specific inheritance plans, a prenuptial agreement can protect the interests of your children or other family members by ensuring that certain assets are preserved for them.
- Minimizing Disputes: By addressing potential areas of conflict before marriage, a prenuptial agreement can minimize disputes in the event of a divorce or separation.
- Open Communication and Planning: Engaging in the process of creating a prenuptial agreement promotes open communication and financial planning between partners. It encourages discussions about financial expectations, goals, and potential scenarios, fostering a stronger understanding and foundation for the marriage.
Here at Clyde Snow, our Family Law group has extensive experience in drafting prenuptial agreements. We understand how uncomfortable of a conversation this may be with your partner, which is why we are here to help you every step of the way.