Mr. Taylor focuses his practice on white collar criminal defense, securities enforcement, regulatory defense, and government and independent investigations. He represents corporate and individual clients in criminal and regulatory enforcement investigations and litigation before the United States Department of Justice, United States Securities & Exchange Commission, and other federal and state agencies.
Prior to joining Clyde Snow, Mr. Taylor served as a Deputy District Attorney at the Salt Lake County District Attorney’s Office. He also previously served as an Assistant Attorney General at the Utah Office of the Attorney General. At both agencies, he prosecuted numerous white collar cases in Utah state courts. These cases included charges of securities fraud, communications fraud, embezzlement, tax evasion, and public corruption. In prosecuting such cases, Mr. Taylor worked closely with multiple investigative agencies including the United States Securities & Exchange Commission, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Utah Division of Securities, Utah Division of Real Estate, Utah Division of Occupational & Professional Licensing, and the Utah State Tax Commission.
While serving as an Assistant Attorney General, Mr. Taylor also prosecuted federal cases in the United States District Court, District of Utah, as a Special Assistant United States Attorney. In addition, he previously served as an Assistant State Attorney for the Office of the State Attorney in West Palm Beach, Florida.
- Juris Doctor, University of Miami School of Law (2001)
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Miami (1997)
- Deputy District Attorney, Salt Lake County District Attorney’s Office
- Assistant Attorney General, Utah Office of the Attorney General
- Assistant State Attorney, Office of the State Attorney, 15th Judicial Circuit of Florida
Awards and Honors
- Utah Business Magazine, Utah Legal Elite, Criminal Law (2022)